Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Questionable Days Off

Yesterday the school nurse called me and said Noah was in her office. He didn't have a fever, but was complaining of a stomachache and had a cough. She said he was practically in tears, and she hadn't seen him like that before; he really wanted to go home.

So I left work and picked him up. He laid on the couch watching dvd's and perked up. By bedtime he was back to walking around armed with a bucket (just in case) and too tired to move.

This morning he didn't think he was "up for" going to school. Fine. One more day.

Of course once Ariana was out the door he was bouncing around and making me doubt his illness. So I decided to drag him into work with me for a few hours, and we came home in time to get his sister from school.

Another mom waiting at the school asked if we were going to stay and play, but I told her how Noah had been playing hookey so staying wasn't an option, since he was "sick".

When Jonathan came home from work Noah practically flew at him over the couch.

Noah: "Hi! You're home!" *bounce*bounce*
Jon: "Oh, you're real sick."
Noah: "I'm a hooker! .... wait, that wasn't what you said earlier, was it?"
Me: "Hookey."

No comments:

Post a Comment